CAS No. : 24017-47-8
Molecular formula: C12H16N3O3PS
Molecular weight: 313.3
Melt point: 0-5ºC
Solubility in water: 39mg/l (20ºC)
Triazophos TC: 85%
Triazophos EC: 40%
Reference information from e-Pesticide Manual 2.0
TRIAZOPHOS is broad-spectrum insecticide and acaricide with contact and stomach action. Non-systemic, but penetrates deeply into plant tissues. Control of aphids, thrips, midges, beetles, lepidopterous larvae, cutworms and other soil insects, spider mites and other species of mite, etc. in ornamentals, fruit trees, vines, bananas, strawberries, vegetables, cereals, sugar beet, sugar cane, maize, soya beans, peanuts, , olives, cotton, coffee, rice, grassland, and ect. Also controls some free-living nematodes, particularly in ornamentals and strawberries, and as a bulb dip for tulips and garlic
· Used for aphids, beetles, borers, bugs, foliar-feeding larvae, fruit flies, leafhoppers, leafminers, nematodes, scales, soil insects, thrips, mites and whiteflies in fruits, vegetables, and ornamentals.
· Do not bioaccumulate, unlike certain organo chlorine insecticides.
· Effects of releases are therefore considered to be confined to the locality of the release and significant transport in environmental media over long distances is considered to be insignificant.
· It is dangerous to bees and harmful to fish, livestock, birds and other animals.
· Important tank mix partner for controlling tough pests