CAS No. : 155569-91-8
Molecular formula: C56H81NO15 (B1a); C55H79NO15 (B1b)
Molecular weight: 1008.3 (B1a); 994.2 (B1b)
Melt point: 141-146ºC
Solubility in water: 0.024g/l, (pH 7, 25 ºC)
Emamectin Benzoate EC: 5% 1.9%
Emamectin Benzoate WG: 5%
Emamectin Benzoate SG: 5%
Reference information from e-Pesticide Manual 2.0
EMAMECTIN BENZOATE is a highly potent new insecticide, demonstrates a unique physiological mode of action reducing potential cross resistance to other classes of chemistry. It acts on the nerve cells to suppress muscle contraction thus inhibiting the larvae from feeding within hours providing rapid crop protection, maintains control of a range of larval insects by contact activity with wet residues, but predominantly by ingestion activity. It acts directly with the larvae but exterminates them when still inside the egg, thus increasing speed of activity and residual control. it is ecologically selective to a wide range of beneficial species due to the rapid breakdown of the active ingredient thus limiting contact activity to a very short period.
· New naturally derived insecticide that does no harm to beneficial
· Unique physiological mode of action, reducing the possibility of cross-resistance to other chemicals.
· Stops Lepidoptera feeding within hours of ingestion, preventing subsequent crop damage.
· The most potent active ingredient available against key lepidoptera pests, providing the highest efficacy at the lowest rates.
· Kills larvae even within the egg before hatching, increasing residual activity.
· Has vapor action that penetrates into thick canopies hence reaching insects in hard to reach areas.