CAS No. : 122453-73-0
Molecular formula: C15H11BrClF3N2O
Molecular weight: 407.6
Appearance: White solid
Melt point: 100-101ºC
Solubility in water: Practically insoluble in water.
Chlorfenapyr TC: 98%
Chlorfenapyr SC: 24%
Reference information from e-Pesticide Manual 2.0
CHLORFENAPYR insecticide and acaricide with mainly stomach and some contact action. Exhibits good translaminar but limited systemic activity in plants. Control of many species of insects and mites, including those resistant to carbamate, organophosphate and pyrethroid insecticides and also chitin-synthesis inhibitors in cotton, vegetables, citrus, top fruit, vines and soya beans.
· Active mainly by ingestion, however, limited contact action occurs as well.
· Quickly knowdown within one hour after application.
· Has excellent translaminar mobility in the leaf.
· Shows outstanding residual activity, especially on mites.
· Does not affect the nervous system of the insect, but suppresses its energy factory, namely the mitochondria and as a result it dies.
· Different mode of action: effective on Pyrethroid resistant insects