CAS No. : 23564-05-8
Molecular formula: C12H14N4O4S2
Molecular weight: 342.4
Melt point: 172ºC(decomp)
Solubility in water: Practically insoluble
Thiophanate-methyl TC: 95%
Thiophanate-methyl WP: 50% 70%
Thiophanate-methyl WG: 50% 70%
Reference information from e-Pesticide Manual 2.0
THIOPHANATE-METHYL is a preventive and systemic fungicide with contact action, It is absorbed through the plant’s leaves and roots and provides a very good protective and curative effect against a wide range of fungal pathogens responsible of surface plant infection as eyespot, powdery mildew, blight or gray mold apple scab and other diseases of cereals, vegetables, fruit, leaf spot diseases and many diseases in floriculture.
· Unique combination of Preventive, Curative and Systemic fungicidal properties.
· Enhanced Phytotonic & antifungal effect
· Green: No skin/ eye irritation and low mammalian toxicity.
· Highly effective in controlling a number of fungal diseases with specialized management for selected pathogens.
· Gives long lasting effectiveness and longer protection to the crop.
· Gives good effects on the growth of crops and increases yield.
· Compatible with most of the plant protection chemicals available currently in the market.